Catapult Leaders Timeline
Most college students start their job planning and preparation process just a few months before graduation. That’s not the best way to get a great job that can lead you to tremendous career success. We suggest you start earlier. After all, the first job you choose to take after graduation often has a huge impact on how successful your professional journey will be. You owe it to yourself and those who’ve supported you to be sure that your first job is in sync with your capabilities, goals, willingness to work, and potential. Here is the timeline we suggest in order to maximize your transition from college to a great first job.
Career Catapult Development & Success Program™
18-24 MONTHS BEFORE GRADUATION
Start early. Investigate, ask questions, and find out why it’s to your benefit to partner with Catapult Leaders. Partner with Catapult Leaders and start our Career Catapult Development & Success Program™ (CCP).
Be sure to listen to our Catapult Leaders Podcast episode, “What Every Black College Student Should Know About A Career in Corporate America.” This podcast will help you successfully journey to graduation as it covers answers to these questions, and more:
- What kind of industries hire new college graduates like me?
- Why must you be seen as a leader?
- Why is your past the best predictor of your future success?
- What can my future look like in Corporate America?
- What kind of salary can I expect?
- How will where I want to live affect my job opportunities?
- How do I prepare for life in Corporate America?
- How does my background compare to those who get great jobs in Corporate America?
- Does Corporate America really want to hire people like me?
- What should I do to improve my chances of getting a great job?
- What else should I know about the corporate world?
- How should I prepare for interviews?
- What is the difference between a “Static Candidate” and a “Development Candidate” and which one should I want to be?
ONE YEAR TO 18 MONTHS BEFORE GRADUATION
Stay focused on the Career Catapult Development & Success Program™. Attend Catapult Leaders’ Interview Preparation Workshops. And more, more, more!
- Start our proven Career Catapult Development & Success Program™. (Ideally, start approximately 18 months before your graduation. However, in special circumstances we can work with shorter timelines. CCP is self-paced.)
- Start attending Catapult Leaders’ Interview Preparation Workshops. During these sessions led by one of our senior leaders, you will work with other students preparing for their journey to a-great-job-after-graduation as you learn and practice interviewing fundamentals. You will have the opportunity to attend multiple workshops as these are conducted frequently.
- Begin the Catapult Leaders reading program which includes ebooks, articles, and books such as Black to Corporate America.
- Begin the Catapult Leaders webcast series which features powerful Q&A sessions with Black and non-Black business leaders who will give you the real deal on getting into and navigating upward in Corporate America.
- Get clear on your own specific timeline. Typically, student candidates attend a Catapult Leaders Hiring Conference 9 months to one year prior to graduation.
DON’T HAVE 12 MONTHS?
Just heard about Catapult Leaders? Contact us and let us explain how we can tailor our program for a shorter timeline. We have some students who start our program 2 to 3 years before graduation. We also have students who come to us late in the process; mere months before they graduate. Starting with us earlier is always better. However, we may be able to tailor our program to help achieve success for you in a shortened time frame, adapting our process to your unique situation. Whatever your timeline, contact us.
Hiring Conference and Interviews
Typically held the Summer between Junior & Senior years,
Fall of Senior year, and Spring of Senior year
FOUR TO 11 MONTHS BEFORE INTERVIEWS AT THE HIRING CONFERENCE
You will be deep into the Catapult Leaders webcast series, Reading List and CCP. The time between your commitment to the Catapult Leaders Program and your Hiring Conference interviews will be a deep dive into the world of big business. It will take steadfast commitment on your part. During this time, you will read, continue with interview preparation, attend our webcast workshops, talk with other candidates, and much more. You will understand the exciting world of business at a much deeper level and have a clearer understanding of your career goals & opportunities.
FOUR MONTHS BEFORE INTERVIEWS AT THE HIRING CONFERENCE
Because we believe that those with the best résumés tend to get the best jobs, Catapult Leaders’ expert Résumé Consultant will work with you to finetune your Ultimate Résumé. By this time, you will have done lots of business reading, webcast attending, and more. You will have had in-depth conversations with Catapult Leaders’ senior management. You will better understand the unique value your education, experiences, and attitude can bring to a career in business. Your Ultimate Résumé will show Corporate America why you are the right candidate for their best jobs. Résumé Pro Tip: Your résumé will differ for each interview you have.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE INTERVIEWS AT THE HIRING CONFERENCE
- Your preparation for interviews revs up with mock interviews, tailored workshops, and more. Catapult Leaders prepares you for the business world. We want you to get off to a fast start in your new job. But, first you have to succeed in winning the interview. This is the time to powerfully uplevel your interview skills beyond those of mere mortal college students – and we will coach you on how to give honest, powerful, and strategically on-point answers during your interviews.
- Your goals, skills, background, talents, interests, and preferences are all clarified in order to make sure that you are aligned with the needs of the companies and positions at the Hiring Conference. Additionally, our Client Services Team led by our CEO, Darryl Mobley, confirms the companies that will attend the Hiring Conference.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE INTERVIEWS AT THE HIRING CONFERENCE
You are matched with job opportunities for our Hiring Conference. Catapult Leaders’ senior management matches you during 3 separate high-level confidential meetings with companies and opportunities at the Hiring Conference. These matches are based on your goals, skills, background, talents, interests, and preferences and, importantly, the job requirements of our client companies.
THE HIRING CONFERENCE – INTERVIEWS WITH LEADING COMPANIES
All your academic study, experiences, and hard work puts you on stage at our Hiring Conference. It’s winning time! Catapult Leaders’ Hiring Conference starts on a Saturday with self-study & preparation. Saturday and Sunday also include small group presentations and individual coaching to prepare for your specific interviews. Your interviews are conducted on Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday evening, you will know which companies have further interest in you for potential follow-up interviews.
2 to 3 WEEKS AFTER INTERVIEWS
Follow-up interviews are usually scheduled by the companies who have further interest in you. You are focused on closing the deal and getting offers. Over the 2 to 3 weeks after the Hiring Conference, you may travel to company locations to conduct follow-up interviews. During this time, we will work closely with you on coordinating your follow-up interviews, ensuring you are well prepared for each event. At the completion of the follow-up interviews, you will make a decision on your employment offer(s).
AFTER ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR OFFER
During the time between your acceptance and when you start work in your new job, you will conduct house-hunting trips and otherwise prepare for your exciting launch into Corporate America.
Congratulations! You are officially a Catapult Leaders Alumnus! Your alumni status means you have the commitment from Catapult Leaders to help you move towards your career goals by providing:
- Continued access to Catapult Leaders resources
- Letters of recommendation to executive or part-time graduate programs
- Mock interviews
- Resume guidance
- Life & Career Coaching Services at a special reduced fee for alumni only
- A LinkedIn network of other Catapult Leaders Alumni