10 Questions Black College Students Have About Getting a Job in Corporate America. Answered! with guest Herb A. Dyer
10 Questions Black College Students Have About Getting a Job in Corporate America. Answered! with host Darryl L. Mobley and guest Herb Dyer
This Catapult Leaders podcast episode #6 is amazing as it details Healthcare Executive and Visionary Change Expert Herb Dyer’s answers to “10 Questions Black College Students Have About Getting a Job in Corporate America.” This episode provides powerful tips and insights that will help you thrive in Corporate America and in life. Herb provides his perspectives on:
- The role Integrity plays.
- Collaborative leadership style.
- When to lead. When to follow.
- Why respect everyone on the team.
- Taking constructive criticism.
- Biggest mistakes he made in college.
- Venturing out.
- Why you should challenge yourself.
- What he would change about his preparation for his 1st job.
- How important is job location.
- The one big mindset shift that he believes to be key to having a successful career in Corporate America.
- The importance of being adventurous & bold.
- What he would have changed about his actions at the beginning of his career.
- What he was absolutely sure of.
- On working hard.
- How he dealt with being one of very few Black managers in the company.
- The thought he always had in the back of his mind.
- “Work twice as hard. Be twice as prepared. Be organized.”
- How you can be too direct with peers and subordinates.
- The importance of asking questions.
- Showing initiative.
- Mentors and sponsors.
- Why you should integrate your professional & personal selves.
- Being meek & mild.
- How good he thinks we can be.
1. Students! Apply to Catapult Leaders HERE
2. Click HERE to learn Why Black College Graduates Make Companies Better
3. Looking for talented Black college students who will help your company soar? Click HERE
4. Contact Catapult Leaders HERE