The Biggest Mistake Companies Make with Black Employees
This episode of the Catapult Leaders podcast features Stephanie Cocumelli of Taproot Ventures, on the Diversity Wins! hot-seat answering 5 Questions in 5 Minutes from host Darryl L. Mobley. Season 4 / Episode 27.
The Objective: Broaden perspectives and share pathways to creating more diverse work spaces and equity of opportunity. Each episode of 5 Questions in 5 Minutes deals with tips, strategies, and hard-won wisdom regarding diversity and inclusion.
In this episode, Stephanie shares her answers and perspective in her answer to these questions:
1. If you were King or Queen for a day – what is the one most important thing you would do to create more diverse talent at the entry-level manager positions in major corporations?
2. Why are there still too few Black college students hired by America’s top companies?
3. How can companies create and sustain a culture that is so welcoming to all that the company extracts maximum value from – and provides maximum value to – employees from all cultures?
4. What is the biggest culture mistake major corporations make that makes working at the corporations a living hell for Black employees?
5. What role does the diverse employee play in sustaining a welcoming company culture?
If you have questions that you’d like Catapult Leaders to answer, or you want Catapult Leaders to find outstanding Black talent for your organization, use the Contact Us form.
1. Click HERE to learn Why Black College Graduates Make Companies Better
2. Looking for high-achieving, Black college students who will help your company soar? Click HERE
3. Open Letter to America’s CEOs – Click HERE