Click & Listen to Doug Melville, Richemont’s VP & Head of Diversity & Inclusion, on the Hot Seat on Catapult Leaders’ 5 Questions in 5 Minutes Podcast
This episode of the Catapult Leaders podcast features Doug Melville, Richemont’s Vice President and Head of Diversity & Inclusion, on the Diversity Wins! hot-seat answering 5 Questions in 5 Minutes from host Darryl L. Mobley. Season 3 / Episode 21.
The Objective: Broaden perspectives and share pathways to creating more diverse work spaces and equity of opportunity. Each episode of 5 Questions in 5 Minutes deals with tips, strategies, and hard-won wisdom regarding diversity and inclusion.
In this episode, Doug shares his answers and perspective re:
- Why are there still too few Black college students hired by top companies?
- About systematic micro-aggressions
- What role the diversity & inclusion officer plays in moving a company forward
- Diversity is an Operating System. Say what?
- If he were King or Queen for a day – what is the one most important thing he would do to create more diverse talent at the entry-level manager positions?
- What he means by “Difference is Brilliance”
- Why you must have an advocate and a sponsor
- The question he has about what your office looks like
- The importance of internships
- Why students should Google themselves
- What we do by heredity
- His advice to Black students who want jobs in Corporate America
- On unconscious bias
- And lots more!
1. Visit Catapult Leaders website
2. Click HERE to learn Why Black College Graduates Make Companies Better
3. Looking for high-achieving, Black college students who will help your company soar? Click HERE
4. Open Letter to America’s CEOs – Click HERE